Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dunking cookies

One of the things I have learned to love living here in Catalunya is dunking cookies in my tea.

My understanding of the etiquette on this topic is that it is really something of a no-no, at least in my family, and it was not something I ever really did.  In fact even after many years here I didn't do it ever.  Then a couple of my students were talking about how delicious it is, and I started dunking.

O my goodness.  Love it.

Everyone here does it, especially at breakfast, it is polite and accepted.  You can dunk into coffee, tea or hot chocolate, and you can dunk just about anything sweet and bread-like from cookies, to croissants to special finger like cakes made specifically for dunking, and then there are xurros!!!

I may have trouble when I go back to Canada this summer resisting the temptation!!!!

Mmmmmmmm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious with the right textured things. Some stuff would dissolve and fall in. Seadog

oreneta said...

True, you'd have to make your dunking selection carefully......digestives work well, though you have to let them soak a bit.

elPadawan said...

I'd say food is made to be enjoyed. And that's funny. You're not supposed to dip them in tea, yet in milk, it's fine (cf. Santa and cookies and milk. Oreos dunked in milk, etc...). Soooooo... would it suddenly become fine if you were to put milk in your tea? :D

oreneta said...

LOVE your reasoning. I'm totally sold.