Monday, December 3, 2007

chickens

It is once again late, I am once again tired, but tonight I will write.

This schedule is killing me, bring on the holidays and the end of the Catalan classes...please!

The Ebro delta is one of the most outstandingly beautiful places I have ever had the good fortune to visit. Honestly. If you get the chance...GO!

We were very lucky on the weekend because the weather was astonishingly wonderful...I dream of going down there by myself for a week, getting out on the delta before the sun comes up. Taking photos and painting, and wandering until after the sun goes down...alternating this with walks in the mountains that surround it...heaven. They grow quite a lot of excellent rice there, and I would love to be able to go down on a semi-monthly basis and see the changes in the land as the rice grows up and finally is harvested....

I came to the conclusion while I was there that one of the things I love about it, as I love about being at see is the long views...the tremendous distance you can see and the sheer size of the sky...

I have paintings I want to do, and photos I want to get blown up.....ho hum....

We were all very tired by the time we got home...and we have all suffered a bit of a fun-over as I think Nomad coins it....that let down after a fantastic time...even Chuck is wiped...he had an exhilarating weekend chasing chickens. You see, there are chickens at the finca we were visiting. Safely ensconced in a cage, and Chuck derived great joy from running over to scare them. He's a smart dog though, he realised that it wasn't so fun once they went into their house, so he would wander away for four or five minutes, till the chickens came out again, then tear over to scare them all over again.

The chickens had a rough weekend.

Not one egg.

They have my sympathy, poor things, walking around with their legs crossed.

They were getting used to him by the end though, some of them didn't even bother to go inside.

Chuck is wiped out. Completely exhausted, and hungry.

It's a dog's life.

More anon....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe - that dog! He just can't help himself. Too cute.

Beth said...

So NICE to hear you had such wonderful weather - it's freezing cold here with tons of snow!
I'm jealous...

Sirdar said...

I do hope you post some of those pictures for us people so far away.

Glad you had a great time and happy that Chuck didn't catch any of those chickens. If the dogs do that out at the farm....they may be pushing daisies for the chickens to peck on....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mother Theresa said...

I wonder if those poor chickens will ever lay another egg. ;)

oreneta said...

Trish: It was so funny,...he timed it out so well.

Beth: I'm sorry i'm sorry I'm sorry, what more can I say.....

Sidar: The chickens had disappeared last year as well, they were in a brand new concrete and modern wire fence enclosure, no WAY he was getting in. Which was good.

Theresa: Oh, I hope so...

Dawn said...

Sounds like Chuck had a great time along with you. Dogs tend to get quite tired out by such adventures.

Xavier Macia said...

Dawn: He certainly overdid it that day...it was fun though..