Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fat

Sometimes living in Spain is like living in a dryer.

Hot blazing sun, the Catalans say "el sol pica" the sun stings. The same verb 'pica' is used for wasps, as a matter of reference.

Couple that with a howling wind and you can pretty much feel the moisture being sucked from your body. My laundry dries in no time.

And I lived in the Bahamas for the better part of three years.....

Nomad brought me down some amazing cream....

I wonder if they make an olive oil bed, you know, forget the water bed, olive oil.....put my hair up in something impermeable and just roll me around in that olive oil like a pig in mud, leave me there for about 8 - 12 hours and I should make it through the next few hours.


Eldest and I are both craving chocolate....

*ahhhhhh*

Time to go mining in those couch cushions and see if we can find some change.....more likely the problem will be that nothing is open.

We're going to be marching around the hills tonight in the middle of the night and staring through telescopes.....more later.

5 comments:

Angel said...

check the cushions and then any old purse you might have,,,there's always change in there.

Anonymous said...

mom... i totally don't want chocolate now...

...i hope when you read this iv passed my music spanish expe and math tests...and that i dont feel this COMPLETELY LOUSY!!!XD!


:(

eLdEsT

Beth said...

Don't forget - winters in Canada can dry your skin, too!

Re: Eldest and her comment - hope she passed all those tests and feels better!

(As for my comment on your previous post - was I even awake when I read that post and wrote the comment? Mining for chocolate - as opposed to $$$ - in the cushions???)

J.G. said...

Oooh, do tell about the telescopes!

Also, please include your secret for living such an interesting life. I need to get me some of that. :-)

oreneta said...

Beth, worse comes to worse I can raid the kid's piggy banks!

Eldest, well...some of it is done anyway...

Beth, I remember, believe me, I remember. She seems to be doing better today in general.....

JG...YEAH! I will post about that tonight, it was way way way cool. Secret to living an interesting life? Dreams and determination. The dreaming part is the easy part. That's about it.