Thursday, December 12, 2019

Amsterdam light show

I had to go into Amsterdam today to get a new chimney for the oil lamp.  That's a whole other post.  (I wanted to type 'a whole nother post' there as that is what we say!)

And it is legit!  I looked it up, cause it does actually make sense, what we've done there is taken 'another post' and inserted 'whole' in the middle of the word 'another' for emphasis, giving us, a whole nother post!  They don't give the explanation - I do, I taught English for years - but they it is a legit bit of informal English!  How cool is THAT!






OK, back to Amsterdam and the oil lamp I'm not going to tell you about today!

So, I was planning on going in today and yesterday evening as I was scrolling through Instragram I noticed that there is an outdoor art exhibition on right now in Amsterdam, all installation pieces featuring light and lights.  Well, how cool is that!  So I decided to go in later in the day than I otherwise normally would, though honestly not that late as it is pretty much full dark by 5pm which is a mite dreary.  Not this evening though!  I was psyched!  They have a website with a route map on it, so all I had to do was follow along!

Here, you can see some of it.













Honestly, the last two shown were the best.  Most of the exhibits were very cool in concept but not so much in execution.  Basically, it is hard to be impressive outside, when there is so many other lights, and people are fairly far away.  Hard to make it look big and like you're involved. 

See Amsterdam, and the moon tonight were also pretty cool
















See?

It's a neat town.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool indeed!
Seadog L