Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Canvas a day


As you may have noticed, I've been working on the canvas a day project for a while now, not sure I want to look how long, but more than a third of a year.

My only frustration with it is time, I keep on ending up cracking open the painting equipment at about 11:30 at night.  You know what, it's hard to produce anything worth looking at at that time of night.

A while ago I bought a beautiful pin from a fabric artist.  I get compliments on it regularly.  On her site she credits her success with this:



Show up every day
Pay close attention and
Follow the prompts

Meg Hannan

The canvas a day project is an attempt to keep up with just the first part of that.  Hoping that from time to time parts two and three will follow, cause at least I showed up.

Right now, here in TO, I'm at 7 canvases a weekend, if I'm lucky.

Not quite what I had in mind.

Ah well.  It'll have to be three canvases a day in the fall to catch up, no?

2 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

The showing up is the only thing that makes it happen. It must feel good that at 11:30 and a full day, you are still showing up. There was a quote in Momma Zen I loved that goes, "there are many things you can do in life, but the things that you accomplish are those to which you commit". Another way of saying what you said.

oreneta said...

At least I've got showing up some of the time, doing the best I can anyway. No painting today though, made a chocolate cake, cooked dinner for six, went to the park, walked the dog, watched a film the kids made, read stories for an hour and now I'm catching up with all of you and the man.

May I read more than a page before I crash.