Friday, October 28, 2011

Orphaned pumpkins

I meant to have a photo of the pumpkins we have, ready for Halloween....but I didn't get to that today.

Seems, however, that they are somewhat orphaned.  We bought one big one and five small, for the house and the two kids plus two friends and an extra to save and cook later, but instead of the small Halloween party we'd talked about seems they are going out trick or treating, what the local villagers will think of this I am not sure, though apparently some of them went last year and it was fine.

Good thing we all like pumpkin pie.  Seems we'll be eating a lot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin soufflé... Have fun experimenting in the kitchen :). Here, Halloween is nowhere to be seen. End of September, Advent Calendars were already on display, I think Halloween didn't stick in Czech Republic...

Beth said...

Try pumpkin bread!
(recipes on Google - of course!)

kate said...

You could carve a few anyway, just for fun and ambience!

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

I rather like the seeds roasted, but it is work to clean then up before toasting them. Tomorrow will be pumpkin carving day here!

oreneta said...

ADVENT calendars? Your kidding me!!!

Pumpkin bread sounds really good....

Kate, definitely a few will get carved....one for sure.

I LOVE the roasted seeds, and I do like cleaning them, it feels so lovely.