Don't even want to get into it, cause in a while, most of it will go away.
The bright side? The man and I went to dinner at one of our favourite places in the city, we went there on our first date way back when. We also figured out that the waitress was probably in kindergarten that day.
Got a WHOLE stack of yummy books today too...
- The Road Home, Rose Tremain
- Fabre's Book of Insects
- Proust and the Squid: The story and science of the reading brain, maryanne Wolf
- Reading and the Brain, Stanislas Dehaene
- Wisdom: from philosophy to neuroscience, Stephen S Hall
- The Emotional Brain: the mysterious underpinnings of emotional life, Joseph LeDoux
- The NUmber Sense: How the mind creates mathematics, Stanislas Dehaene
- A Brief Tour of Human Consciousness, V. S. Ramachadndran
- Forever Today: A true story of lost memory and never-ending love, Deborah Wearing
- On Being Certain: believing you are right even when you're not, Robert Burton
- How We Decide, Jonah Lehrer
- Proust was a Neuroscientist, Jonah Lehrer
So, maybe today wasn't all irritating, new books and dinner with the man.
Cup's half full when you add it all up.
Hope yours is too,