Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good think I slept well last night

'cause today's been one long kind of irritant.

Don't even want to get into it, cause in a while, most of it will go away.

The bright side?  The man and I went to dinner at one of our favourite places in the city, we went there on our first date way back when.  We also figured out that the waitress was probably in kindergarten that day.  

Got a WHOLE stack of yummy books today too...

  • The Road Home, Rose Tremain
  • Fabre's Book of Insects
  • Proust and the Squid: The story and science of the reading brain, maryanne Wolf
  • Reading and the Brain, Stanislas Dehaene
  • Wisdom: from philosophy to neuroscience, Stephen S Hall
  • The Emotional Brain: the mysterious underpinnings of emotional life, Joseph LeDoux
  • The NUmber Sense: How the mind creates mathematics, Stanislas Dehaene
  • A Brief Tour of Human Consciousness, V. S. Ramachadndran
  • Forever Today: A true story of lost memory and never-ending love, Deborah Wearing
  • On Being Certain: believing you are right even when you're not, Robert Burton 
  • How We Decide, Jonah Lehrer
  • Proust was a Neuroscientist, Jonah Lehrer

So, maybe today wasn't all irritating, new books and dinner with the man.

Cup's half full when you add it all up.

Hope yours is too, 

Cheers, 

O

5 comments:

Boo and Trev said...

I love that Rose Tremain book. Infact I love all Rose Tremain books. Hope you enjoy them too.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Sounds like you're delving into the brain! I'm still in my lighter summer reading.

J.G. said...

Definitely you're on a nonfiction kick. I find I can't process too many of those in a row, but they add spice to the usual fiction. How We Decide sounds pretty interesting.

Anonymous said...

Wow, most of your books are certainly more cerebral than chick lit books. I am going through a time travel book phase right now. Very escapist.

oreneta said...

I've never knowingly read a Rose Tremain so I am looking forward to that one, a touch of fiction!

Bodhi, they are fascinating, honestly, and also rather work related.

JG, I am deeply fascinated by them, and I do have a bunch of fiction waiting for me too...I should get that list out as well.

Carla, no pun intended? I listened to the 'Time Traveller's Wife' earlier this summer, did you enjoy it? I mostly did...