Friday, April 26, 2019

Edam, the secons cheese town

So this morning we headed out down a lovely quiet rural canal to Edam. We stopped in the first spot we saw after the first of 10 bridges.  The outskirts of small towns are best, to our minds.  Quieter and more private than right in the center, we've got better access to places to go walking and it's still just moments to get into the town. 

Got here and I headed straight to the library, what fabulous instutions these are, to get a chunk of work done.

Another thought I had today is that there are many things I love about our lives right now, but part of it is that I really enjoy being in motion.  The act of travelling from one place to the next.  Well, air tavel has become horrific, and there are buses that I don't love - Midland bus I'm looking at you - but being under way, is wonderful.  Just that urge to see what's round the corner. Probably part if why I like walking so much, and dislike loooong straight roads, and trains, and road trips with the right people.  (Commuting is anathema to this idea, except on a bike, and even then.....)

Just neat to see what will show up next!!!!

No comments: