Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Productive day and sometimes it's a production

We had a good day, the man got a lot of painting done amd wood sawn, and tonight for the first time in aaaaages we haven't needed the fire!!!!!! Yeeehaw!!!!

I went into Gouda to the library to do a bunch of work, and mostly to charge the computer up.  The phone however is a little low on juice tonight. Man it gets some serious mileage.  And this is life on the boat.  I forgot to bring a separate wall plug for the phome when I went into the library so it was charging off the computer, which is slow, plus it was a mobile hotspot for the comouter... Longish story, which uses a lot of juice.

So, as I went to bed, I went to plug in my phone.  We have a car style phone charger plug that the previous owner installed (yippeeeee ) for when the solar panel hasn't kept up with demand.

Now at home, you plug it into the wall. Done.  Here I go up to bed and realize I haven't turned on the batteries.  These start the engine too, so one must be cautious.  Back out again to turm them on.  Back into the v-berth.... not working.  Fidget around a bit, back out for a headlamp.  Back in again, fidget some more, cave and get my glasses, fidget a but more.  The man joins in on the fun.  He's fidgetting with one end, I'm jiggling the socket where it plugs into the wall (it's not an elegant set up but it works) and bingo!!!! We're off!!!

A bit of a hassle, but also something of a victory!!!

No comments: