Friday, April 5, 2019

Haircuts

Well, one day last week I was sitting around and I just got tired of my hair.  So, I cut it. By myself, without a mirror mostly, with kitchen scissors.  All told, it turned out OK.  Not good by any stretch, but I could go out in public after I tidied it up a bit with a mirror.  But I couldn't do the back, so I asked the man to give me a hand.  He was not a happy participant, but gave it a go.  Let's just say it didn't go that well.  Fortunately it's still chilly enough here that I could wear a coat to hide the shelf on the back of my head. 

However, on reading the forecast which said that it may get up to 20 on Sunday (!!!!!! Squeeee!!!!!) getting my hair cut became a higher priority, so when we got to Breukelen - the origin of Brooklyn, I had a look around at the hairdresseres.  The first wanted 52 Euros for a cut.  I figured for that price the man could have another shot at it.  The place I prefered was cheaper, 26 euros.  Now we're talking!!! They did it on the spot and let Chuck come in with me.  Yippeee!!!! 15 min later, maybe a bit more cause she wanted to straighten it, it was all done. 

Then I was off to the library to get a bunch of work done - wifi was so bad I used data anyway, but at keast I was all plugged in.  Got some dog food and we got back to the boat.  Friday night and the good old (and young) boys were starting to gather by where we were moored and the town was lovely, but there was nowhere nice to walk, so off we went, south (more or less) for about an hour.  We're now moored outside the Vechtstreek museum in Maarssen having figured out that the private moorings for restaurants have a different symbol on the map.  The first three we passed weren't public.  Where we are is lovely though and we'll probably stay for the weekend. The museum is of the entire region of the Vecht, the river we're on, and will hopefully prove interesting.  Plus there's a couple of nice big parks nearby so it all looks grand.


No comments: