Thursday, April 26, 2007

FOOOOOOD, and some other stuff

No time no time no time no time.......



This is a lightning fast post...I went and had lunch at the fancy place with a bunch of the ladies from work, the youngest was with us, and had an interesting perspective of the event....



I had arros negra, black rice...this is a kind of paella, with squid cooked in the squid ink so it is black black black....it was very good, and is one of the more traditional Catalan dishes that I have been looking forward to as I had read about it several years ago. It tasted excellent, but not really all that different than what we often eat....

I had this for starters,



The youngest had this,




Some of the others had this,



Then the little one got creative with the camera, so here we are....












No, that is not my tongue, but the little one took the pic....


........later............

the little one asked me a question that struck me as pretty fascinating....

She asked me what I thought of most often. I have to confess, I haven't a clue. Not one clue....it would make an interesting statistical challenge....

so

what do you think of most often?

5 comments:

Helen said...

After looking at the photos I'd say food is the thing I most think about. Not to sound obsessive, but we do eat at least 3 times a day, you need to shop, you need to prepare it, you need to try to balance what you eat, and while dieting what you don't eat as well. After that ... when the kids were at home it was them most of the time, now they're grown up, they aren't in front of the brain all the time, but after family and food it would be books - but I work with books so it's the job too. When you're hard up it may be money because you have to. Good question. Is youngest going to be a shoe designer?

Beth said...

That's an interesting question.
I thought about your blog and mine - based on those, I'd say we think about our kids most often.
(Food runs a close second for you...based only on your blog, of course!)

Angel said...

right now all I'm thinking about is food!!! all of that looks so good, esp. those big meatballs...yum.

hmmm...I might have to get back to you on that one...

oreneta said...

Helen: Food certainly takes up a lot of hours, and the general vote in the comments seems to agree with you.

Beth: Certainly the kids rank high, and after todays post I cannot disagree about the food...

Beth: Those meatballs looked great, she didn't share though, she said they were good...

Terrie said...

I think Helen and I would get along great. Food is what I think about most. What am I going to cook at work? What for dinner at home? Then second would probably be the book Im reading at the time. Oh yah where are my kids.
Tell little bit that I love her pics and have some great ones that I will post for her.