Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A wet wet day with wet wet wet wet laundry.

Raining ALL DAY. Have I moved to the UK???

Yes, the laundry is STILL on the line.

Took the dog out for a mandatory walk. He just hadda go...and saw a few amazing things, a field of poppies blooming in someone's orange grove. Lovelylovelylovley.

There was a car along the way that had a sticker in the back. You know those "baby on board" stickers...


This one was a "fiesta a bordo"! Complete with a drawing of a happy drunken looking guy hanging off the sign....

We were supposed to go into the neighbouring middle-sized town to look for shoes, and pants for the kids, and a couple of other goodies for the man...the steady rain put a damper on that one though. Old towns are beautiful and all, but I have become a wimp. It's official. Walking dripping through a town and going into stores to try on clothing while you are cold and soaking wet is
just.
not.
fun.

The kids were thrilled with my decision.

We have sat around, done drawings, read aloud, tackled some of the homework from school, studied Catalan, yaddah yaddah yaddah. Quiet day.

I've also been working on booking tickets to go back to Canada for the summer. We are strangely complicated between the mixed schedule, the man cannot come till a month after the girls and I go, the dog, and the mishmash of tickets we have...It takes so long and costs so much I just hate it. Bleah.

I found this new blog that I really like Fish Feet she is a Canadian paleontologist PhD candidate(?) at the University of Bristol studying the development of well, feet I think, and it is being guest hosted by her PhD buddy who is studying something bafflingly involved about rare volcanoes....it is funny, and you come away with little gems of knowledge, like the problems of defrosting a thirty three foot long, 1100 lb giant squid or, a video about stoned spiders I know you will like that one Trish. They even just finished a volcano beauty contest. What more can you ask for!

The kids are at the table eating popcorn and reading, the dog is asleep at the kids feet. He went over in the hopes of fallen goodies but apparently got overtaken by a big case of the sleepies. The dog just got up and stretched. Since getting him, I finally get that downward dog pose in yoga. He does a much better one than I can ever imagine doing.

8 comments:

Sarda Sahney said...

Thanks for the link, I'm glad you are enjoying my blog. I have just discovered Ex-pat blogs what a great idea!

Angel said...

ahh...downward dog...it feels so good, don't it? My dogs surely enjoy their "yoga" everyday.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Aaah, down dog. I'm not even a yoga man and I know down dog. (I went through a very short yoga phase, however)

And look on the bright side, O: it's SNOWING here. Stupid northern climate.

oreneta said...

Terrie "S.V. Wahine" said...
Hey,
This is actually the first blog I have ever looked at. It was really enlightening. Im glad the kids are adapting well as kids really are resilient. I will check in here often. Iwas curious about blogs. This could be addictive.
Love Ya
Terrie

oreneta said...

Sarda: Thanks for coming over here too, your blog is great...

Beth: I think they're better at it in every way, don't you?

DD:SNOW!!!! What did you do wrong in a past life to deserve SNOW in April!!! Urgh.

Terrie: I am so glad you liked the blog. It is addictive. Send those picture's 'K?

Helen said...

It's very nice and sunny in the UK at the moment and has been for the last week. The trick of dog walking when you live somewhere rainy is a baseball cap (head dry means a lot!), waterproof cagoul, wellingtons and a change of clothes when you get back. You must have wet weather gear from sailing - it's the same theory for dog walking.

oreneta said...

Helen: the only problem is that my wet weather gear is designed for rounding Cape Horn, or at the very least, winter in the North Atlantic. It is a wee bit heavy for regular use....now my sou'wester is on the boat, and so are my wellies...my birkenstocks just aren't too waterproof....

the change of clothes though, that I can manage.