Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Not made for ant stomping

These are my trail running shoes. Actually I have two pairs.  The ones in Spain have even bigger treads.

Look at the picture below, the only part that touches the ground when you're on a hard surface is the yellow bits.


And the yellow bits are pretty tall, see?


So if you're trying to stomp on an ant, the chance of actually getting him is pretty low.  I tried it.  Once, again, and a third time.  After that I thought he (actually they're all she's aren't they, the ones we see) anyway, after three shots, she got a reprieve and I let her go....well, I gave up trying.

Good for running, but don't ask me to squash anything.

2 comments:

J.G. said...

Sounds like a win-win to me.

oreneta said...

Yeah, we all won, I wasn't even sure why I was stomping the ant, I normally don't but he was really big and in the house....still, seems I'm not meant to.