Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bad nurse. Bad bad nurse.

Eldest daughter is kind of sickish...I am a crappy nurse when they are like that, impatient and not as sympathetic as I should be. When they are really ill I'm not so awful, when they're only sort of sick... not so good. They should just get better darn it.

She just doesn't seem very sick, and I get frustrated at what she is missing. Not very rational.

I think it is a combination of concern and dismay. Why it makes me irritable though?


Eldest is unfortunately missing a field trip today, and if she doesn't get better, another one tomorrow.

Crap.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

There is a weird continuum of sympathy for the sick, isn't there?

Stubbed toe? Get over it. Cough? Here's a Kleenex. Vomit? Here's a bucket and a head stroke. Cancer? I'm there around the clock.

Angel said...

aww, I hope she feels better soon,....cuz she aint gettin any sympathy from you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah...poor thing. I thought I had the only kid who got sick on field trip day...

oreneta said...

Jocelyn: You nailed it exactly...

Beth: I sound like such an evil mom don't I.

Tracey: Thanks for coming by, this same kid managed to get sick for her own birthday party too...we had to cancel and reschedule that as well...

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.