Sunday, January 13, 2008

A pig leg!!! Psych.

I managed to brave the pig leg today.

We went for a gorgeous lunch at a friend's house and we ate an entire hake...and vichyssoise...it was sooooo good. The man made an apple pie. Boy it's been a long time since I had one of those. He can make pie.

So, after the man and youngest had a little nap, youngest with her head on the enormous Webster's dictionary that she had taken to bed to read (!?!) we were a mite peckish. Since vegetarian eldest had gone off today for a six day ski trip, we decided this was the day to attack the pig.

Here's what it looked like...

or not.

Seems blogger won't upload the photos so we will all have to wait for another day. D*mn it.

What to do? What to do?

I could post about Catalan grammar - can you say Booooorrrrrriiiiiing??

I could....write a poem? I think not.

I could post a rant about blogger. Been there, done that, I'm still waiting for the t-shirt.

I could just call it a day and go to bed.

I tried to load them one more time. It loads it all the way up on that little green bar, and then they just don't show up and I never get the little 'done' button.

Ah well, maybe I'll show you my pig leg tomorrow.

Now isn't that something to look forward to.

8 comments:

elPadawan said...

do you think it was because of the fact it was a pig's leg you were uploading? :). I don't use blogger uploader for my pictures anyway, so I don't have the issue... though flickr was down for some time in the past two days..... *growl*

Angel said...

I can't wait! Is it big?

man, I haven't been to flickr in a long time...I don't evven remember how to sign in.....

love you Rocky!!!

Lynda said...

Oh you big tease... fancy posting about pork when there are readers living in Cairo... not much pork here, let me tell you!

Mother Theresa said...

The best way to enjoy a pig's leg is some jamon serrano...nothing quite like that...okay, I'm off to drool a litte. I'll be back to see if the picture is up later.

Beth said...

I am (eagerly??) anticipating the picture of the pig leg...

oreneta said...

Elpawan, maybe they just don't like pigs, but what's not to like, intelligent, efficient and tasty!

Hey Bullwinkle, the d*mn thing's enormous...honestly. Well, it isn't the side of a moose or anything, but really, we're talking a lot of meat here.

Lynda...got em up for you...I imagine there isn't a whole lot of pork there, we however are in one of the pig eating capitals of the world...and there in lies another post....

Theresa, if you have any hints, like how to cut it, how to get the skin/fat off, and and and and....please?

Beth, it is kind of a weird way to start the day, but it's up for you.

Anonymous said...

The children and I don't eat pork. Sirdar takes every opportunity outside of home to do so and will sometimes get himself pork chops for fend for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Oh...I bet that meal was wonderful. As Dawn said, I like pork. OK...I like all meat and pork is a meat...clean or not.