Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Short post...

Exam day one of three is down...that includes the first two of the five sections.

The grammar went better than I had hoped, but I still think I might have only gotten a 40%, which for me with straight up pure grammar, isn't too bad.

Reading comprehension, I might have gotten an 80. The text was a piece of cake; the questions, however, were tougher.

60 is a pass.

Tomorrow.... oral comprehension - a probable solid pass - and written expression - a hopefully marginal pass. We'll see.

The exam is worth either 60 or 40 percent of the final grade. I should have reasonable marks in the class work...big mouth, good attendance, and a facility at individual exercises...it's the synthesis that gets me.

Gak.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you do well with the rest of you tests. I would say good luck, but I think it has more to do with your good work ethic.

Beth said...

Sounds good so far - a possible 80% in one - and never mind that 40%...
Best of luck with the rest!

Lynda said...

Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

"Break a leg" as they say in the theatre.
"May you collapse like a rotten fence post" in Latvian!!!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Good Luck!!

Angel said...

Knock 'em dead, Rocky!!!!!

elPadawan said...

"Merde", as we say in France :D.

oreneta said...

Hi there everyone...merde indeed and I did my best to collapse like a rotten fence post...what strange sayings we have to wish people luck. I think I did reasonably, we'll just have to see.

Thanks for the good wishes to every last one of you.

Anonymous said...

Hope you do well on the rest of the tests!!