Saturday, January 5, 2008

Yooo-hoooo, we're baaack!

Well hello again...

We're back.

We did a lot, we went to Gibraltar, ate fish and chips, the kids had apes sitting on their hands and heads, the same night we went to a traditional flamenco show in Seville, my husband is listening to a CD from them at this very moment.

We drove 4,800 km, we did 1200 of them yesterday driving from Seville to home straight, via Granada and some fun in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

I took a terrifying 605 photos, not including the ones I deleted on site, man those chips can hold a lot...I won't show them all to you, promise.

Both my sister and her husband had big news, and may be moving to Paris....

We saw Cordoba, the Alhambra in Granada, we went to Cadiz and Jerez, we went down caves and up mountains, and now we are home.

There will probably be a post with some more details, but now I am mostly missing the travel. I never ever want it to end. Ah well. It is nice to be home. The three kings come in today, and we will probably go out for the parade, if we manage to time it right.

We had a fantastic time, and we are tired out, fortunately we have three days before we all start work...time to plan the next trip at Setmana Santa.

It is nice to be back in a place where I can communicate...which is amusing....

There are so many blogs to read....and photos to sort, and mail, and e-mail and and....

5 comments:

Nomad said...

SOOOoooo glad you are back!!!

Missed you and very happy you had a wonderful time, can't wait to hear ALL about it,and personally I would LOVE to see each and every photo!!

KISS!! HUG!! and another KISS!!

Meryy Xmas and Happy New Year BTW!

Beth said...

Welcome back - missed you!
Glad you had a great time - looking forward to more news about your travels!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great trip and a wonderful time. That is so exciting about the possibility your sister may be closer to you (I am only assuming she is currently across the ocean). Happy New Year to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! Sounds like you had an awesome trip. So neat about the apes.

I took a ferry past Gibraltar when we were going to Morocco back in 1979.

oreneta said...

NOMAD!!! So how did the holidays treat you? I like the voice recognition thingy....I have spent a lot of the day winowing out the wheat from the chaff. There are still a lot of photos, I'll provide links as I get the albums up.

Beth, it is nice to be back, kind of sort of....

Dawn, she was in Poland before, but it is still closer and a lovely city to visit her in.

Sirdar, I was so tempted to hop a ferry that day, but the weather was EVIL for the crossing....another time, you can't see it all.