Monday, January 21, 2008

You will not believe this...not at all.........

I am going to have the most exciting Catalan practice. You will never ever top this, not one of you. Not in a million years, and if you can, I have to hear it.

Eldest is doing a dissection next week.

A cow's eye.

I must provide the eye ball.

I have to go and order a cow's eyeball for Monday morning. Then I will have to go and pick it up, and deliver it to school.

WTF???

I also have to provide a gown to wear for the process, a tiny cork board, a cloth of unknown style and substance, ten thumbtacks, tweezers and a craft knife.

I am sorry, but can't the school supply this? Aren't we trying to be environmentally friendly here? Reduce our impact on the planet? Yet I have to go out and buy all of this stuff, as does every parent every year?????

OMG.

Thank god it's not a fetal pig.

The image of finding one of those boggles the mind.



PS. Did the final oral today, it went reasonably well I think. Results on the 30th. Cross your fingers and toes for me please.

9 comments:

kate said...

Hey, that's great about the exam. And I'm glad the ear wax thing was resolved, though I was wincing my way through the comments to get to the update. Oh well. I get a fair amount of buildup too, but it has never gotten bad enough to interfere with my hearing, luckily.

And as for the buy-your-own eye thing, wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

Beth said...

Can't top it. Don't want to! The honour is all yours! (ugh.)

All digits crossed (as well as I can) for your oral results...

elPadawan said...

back in france, mice, fish, etc... were provided by the school. One truck carrying everything is more environmentally-friendly than 30 parents driving to get an eyeball, IMHO...

Anonymous said...

Glad you feel good about the results of the test. Hope you did well.

I wasn't allowed to take biology in high school. Too many kids in the class and we were a small school. But dissecting a cows eyeball would have been cool!! Interesting that all the parents have to buy all that stuff. I wonder what would happen if a parent refused...

Anonymous said...

It does seem like a big waste. Even if the parents had to pay a $5 lab fee and the school got in a shipment of cow eyeballs. It would make more sense and the only forseeable problem would be the currier dropping the jar of 20 cow eyeballs and having it smash, with eyeballs rolling around everywhere. Now it is starting to sound like Halloween.

I hope you did well on your test. Our daughter is positive she passed but doesn't think she was spectacular in her RCM exam today.

Angel said...

fingers and toes are properly crossed....

my daughter dissected a cows heart once for school...but never an eye. I think that is gross...and wet...and oyster-like...yuk

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Oh, good grief. A cow's eye? After whining last week about buying notebooks and school supplies for my child, I feel as if I should shut up and sit down. You win on this one sister.

oreneta said...

kate, sorry to ick out a pregnant woman, two posts in close succession too, yeah, you may have a cow eye-ball in your future, I am not sure if it is on the oficial curriculum, or if it is a teacher's favorite...it would be interesting.

Beth, I thought that would be a challenge on the school supply list, at least she didn't tell me the night before at bedtime.

Elpadawan, yeah, the school always suplied the gory bits before for me....live and learn. Then again as I lined up at the market to order my eyeball, she was cleaning off a pig's ear for sale....

Sirdar, I don't like having to buy a knife and cork board etc, but the experiment should be very cool...I would enjoy it even now...the kids would share if someone wouldn't bring the stuff in.

Dawn, I'll cross my fingers and toes for her too.

Beth, but I like oysters, they're so yummy....

Hula girl, it is definately a little unusual....I cannot imagine anyone in N.A. asking for this, not in a million years....

Lynda said...

A cows eye......... eeeeewwwww how old is your son, I hope I don't have to find one of those, I have enough problems just walking past a butcher shop here!