The man and I were off today, all day, at a very famous home furnishing store that starts with an I and kas a k kin kit.
It was not a weekend, and thanks be to all that is merciful for That little gift. My massive allergic reaction that I have been suffering for a week and a half now, and which was almost gone decided to kick in again this morning, so I was stoned silly on anti-histamines. Nothing like visiting that place with a brain full of dryer lint and what feels like 12 hrs of jet lag.
Despite all that we got a bit done.
No oven/burner range thingy though and the light fixtures were a washout.
Then, when we got home, we went and hung out at the house, I have to say, I am getting to be buddies with the job foreman, wonder if I could keep him around, fixes things well, and he's pretty cheery.
I have to chose though, I guess I'll keep the man. I speak more languages in common with him. Ya know what I mean?
Then we had a stroke of genius and we went to the houseware store about a 3 min walk from the house. Can I mention it took us, like, OMG, 2 hours to get to Ikea, and longer to get home.
We got the stove there, plus an electric kettle I want for the third floor and a light fixture for the kid's bathroom. How sweet is THAT!
Gonna have to stick closer to home it seems, no?
Hope you're all having a good Monday, and not an itchy dopey one.