Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I am UPLIFTED!!!

Oh my goodness gracious me.

Way back in September we bought some tickets to go to hear a concert.  Last month, I wondered when it would be.  The man was pretty sure I said April, and he has an excellent memory, so I let it go.  Last night I got home, something niggling at the back of my head.  Turns out? Concert was tonight.

Hehehehehehehhhhh

We went to see Beetoven's 9th, performed by the Orquestra de Cadaqués and the Orfeó Català in the Palau de Música Catalana conducted by Sir Neville Marriner.

AMAZING!!!!

Simply amazing.  I am not knowledgeable enough to come up with a deep analysis, but I'll say I got goosebumps and Youngest wanted to cry.  There were two people we could see who were reading the score and taking notes, the piccolo player played his heart out when he got the chance, the tenor was having a BLAST, members of the orchestra were smiling as they played, and there was a baby, about 11 months, who slept through most of the symphony till the fourth movement, then sat, staring, wide-eyed, as you might imagine.

Amazing.

OH!

AND BARÇA BEAT ARRRRRSENNNAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember my first classical music concert, I was not even 10 yet, the 9th Symphony from Dvořák, of the New World, and it was so great and lively that classical music stuck with me ever since :)

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

That must have been SOME concert. I'm glad you listened to that little niggling voice - it usually pays off.

Jason, as himself said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience!

thecatalanway said...

Oh how wonderful - I am so envious. I want to go to the Palau sometime but never feel really drawn by the concerts. But Beethoven would do it for me - I must keep a better eye on the programme. We listened to the football last night on Radio Catala via the computer (as we are in the UK)didn't understand all the commentary but the goals were unmissable. I so enjoy having a football team to support that wins! Barça Barça Baaaarça!
Kx

Mother Theresa said...

Good thing you remembered in time. Sounds like it was wonderful. And the football, well, I'm not into it, but glad to hear you're happy about it.

oreneta said...

ElP, youngest was belting out the ode to joy this morning in the bathroom. Best accoustics! Made my heart sing too.

Bodhi, am I ever glad I listened! OMGoodness, that would have been such a shame if we had missed it!

Jason, it was. Lovely.

K, you should go. The tickets aren't to expensive and we have heard some lovely music there, this is the third time I've gone, I think...hmmmm. Yes. Twice for a concert and once for a tour. They have a good variety. Though I am not terribly discerning and reasonably easy to please.

Barça!!!!! I just love being in a town that WINS sometimes.

Mother T, I am more than glad that I remembered too! Football....it is fun to be into it here, people are soooo enthusiastic.

Helen said...

Ode to Joy indeed

oreneta said...

Helen, we thought of you, and the insights you could have brought to it all. The baritone and tenor were both British as well.

thecatalanway said...

Me too - a football team that wins! and has good values ( or so it seems) After being a native supporter of Scotland it is such a relief to WIN! Kx