Monday, March 3, 2008

Yipee!! Now you can hear me too!



If this one works here I've done it twice!!!

Now maybe I will post something with some meaning...

I am going to go hunting for some of the Etruscan sculptures I found...hang on...they were some amazing pieces...

Well, I am getting nowhere finding the images...

It's getting late...I'll just leave you with my voice, and the description of one piece...it was a fire poker, essentially; it had a socket at one end where a wooden rod would have fastened, and the socket was a forearm which extended down to a bronze hand holding a rod. The rod was twined about like cord or rope, but at the end of it, was another hand, cupped this time and a quarter turn from the first...to scrape the ashes and embers around. It sounds quite ordinary, but it looked like something surrealist...something strange even for Dali, a hand on a rod holding a rod with a hand on the end...all in bronze.

It was all quite astonishing.

7 comments:

oreneta said...

Yahhoooo! That took hours and hours, I don't have the heart to try and add this to the post, so I am tossing it up here...it was difficult the second time too, so you may have to suffer through a few more of these before I am organised. I'll try to be a bit more interesting next time.

surfie999@gmail.com said...

NO AUDIO!.........
But I do like the photo.

Angel said...

aww...day-um!!! I didn't get the voice! Shoot!!!

Beth said...

No sound on this one. But it was so cool hearing your voice on the previous post!

And, yes, that fire poker is a fascinating piece of art work.

Anonymous said...

No sound here. A very interesting piece in the photo.

oreneta said...

Peter H, AW poop...I've tried again above...I wish the museum would let us take photos, or post pictures themselves, the museum is free so really what is the harm in letting the information get out there???

Beth, Lets see if you can hear Chuck this time.

Yeah, I thought you might recognise it...interesting posibilities this, but the audio takes so much time or folks, I'll have to think of logical blog applications, though I am really looking at it from an esl perspective.

Dawn, it is shaped like a sheeps liver, and I think had something to do with magical divination of the future!

elPadawan said...

gave me a 403 forbidden when I attempted to retrieve the mighty sound.

Nice surrealist description of the poker :)