Sunday, April 6, 2008

More pics, this time from BCN

Today was a lovely serendipitous day.

We got into BCN just in time for a 10K race that was going by...here are some of the front runners...This guy was going faster than I can when I run half a block for the bus...



So was he....



So were they, the first two women. Seems that guy is running scared, no?



This is what it looked like when we got to the pack, and it just kept up like this for AGES...there were about 20,000 runners! We saw and cheered on two friends (to the intense embarrassment of eldest, who was pain free today I might add).



This Tibetan monk went the distance, though I don't think he had the training he needed, he seemed to be hurting. Quite a lot of people were wearing signs and headbands supporting Tibet.



We left this, sort of, ended up in Santa Maria del Mar which has got to be one of my favourite churches in the world. Just a small etiquette note here, if you happen to be visiting a church and mass is going on....Shut the **** up, m'kay? I could NOT believe the behaviour of some of the people in there. The man actually walked up to one group and told them to shut up. It was truly surreal.

We ate out lunch outside, on some steps, looking at all the healthy people go by, and the Barcelonians checking out the contents of the garbage cans, which must be called recycling bins in Catalan, and I took this photo to show there are bikes in BCN as well as Holland!



As we walked along, I noticed this...do you see what I see? I find this utterly entrancing somehow....


Youngest and I took Chuckbacca into the hills when we got back...she took this photo and it's pretty darned good I think.


So much more happened, and I have more photos, but this will do for now...

11 comments:

oreneta said...

Sorry folks, the contrast on some of those photos is wacked. It looked fine on my computer, but doesn't look so good here, and I am just too tired to change it. Sorry, maybe tomorrow.

Angel said...

Rocky!!! The eyes on that building are creepy!!! But cool!

And I do love me some Chuck.

Great pictures!

elPadawan said...

Chuck is a really beautiful dog ;). And those running pictures remind I have to train and work out for the climb on the 19th!

Lynda said...

They are all running faster than I could if I was being chased by a lion!!! LOL

Running for the sake of it has never appealed.... great photos - cute hund.

Beth said...

"Serendipitous." Love that word.
I see a young girl/woman's face in that photo.

(Ted told me to tell you he's sorry he didn't call. Their day in Barcelona was spent in the hospital (ER?) waiting for some antibiotics for the girlfriend. Nothing serious.)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend the weekend! Love that monk running! Those Tibetans are amazing aren't they?

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Oh, to be that fast. Watching people run that fast is like watching poetry in motion. I love the building. Oh, and the last picture in my celebrity crushes is the actor Matthew McConoughay.

oreneta said...

Beth, do you think it is creepy? I thought it was kind of magical..

elPadawan, go go go, I've got money riding on you!!!oh, and anyone who reads this...elpadawan will be climbing the CN tower on the 19th to raise money for the WWF, so go on over there and sponsor him, m'kay?

Lynda, I have to confess, I agree completely about the running for fun.

Beth, sorry his day in BCN was so dreary, I hope they got it done anyway. You can just buy anti-biotics at the pharmacy if you know what you need...

Trish, they have a cause, it helps I guess.

Hulagirl, I wish I could be that fast, but I am not willing to put in the work for it.

Anonymous said...

Is that picture on the wall an actual painting, or was is just by chance that it is there?

Great picture of you pet.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos. I love the virtual visits. Your daughter took a great photo of Chuck.

oreneta said...

Sirdar, I suspect it was painted quite a while ago and is fading away. I am not sure though.

Dawn, I think it turned out too.