Friday, November 7, 2008

Tag! I'm it.

Beth at Burkina Mom invited me to play a game of 'blog tag'. That is, provide a blog entry telling six random things about myself that relatively few people know.



The rules. (Maybe I'll follow them, or not)

They are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


SO! Here are Six Random Things About Oreneta:


Oh, goodness, I thought this would be easy at the end of a long tiring day.

1. I do not have a tongue piercing.

2. I had pierced ears (one right, two left) but it is all grown over.

3. I have too much furniture, and too much stuff. Blech.

4. I think this year maybe I will get around to taking down ALL the decorations, though the ones that were still up from last year did make the whole process easier.

5. I love having plants. I never water them. Good thing the man is around.

6. Remeber that embarassing and weird toothguard I have to wear at night 'cause apparently I grind my teeth? LOVE it...my teeth don't hurt in the morning, nor my head, nor my neck. Bliss. Even if it is pretty goofy looking bliss, and I am getting better at talking around the thing. I have no vanity it seems...I dread to think what I will look like by the time I am an old lady.

It will be SO embarassing for Eldest. I have embarassed her regularily since she was four by simply going about my day like normal. Tough road she has ahead of her.

Tag....oh I don't know...should I be lazy and do one of those if you want to?

Though....


Hm, it just turned midnight; I think I will.

Cheers everyone!

O

5 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

I don't think you can be a good parent if you don't embarrass your children.

Beth said...

You are, in fact, required to regularly embarrass your kids. It builds their character.

My favorite technique is dancing and/or singing in the supermarché when a song a know comes on. It works every time. They pretend like they don't know me.

BTW-Good job and thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

At our writing workshop yesterday, we were encouraged to push the buttons of our offspring. Good job you are doing. A tongue piercing, wow; I look at you in a different light;-).

I read the posts I missed. It looks like you had a pretty good trip (except the evenings in Hanover). The photos you showed are great. I love the hedgehog. Steffi from Germany (Mausbar's-Nahkiste) has a hedgehog in her back yard. She sometimes writes about Hanover also.

It is always nice to get back home after a trip, especially if it is a different country or culture.

Anonymous said...

How fascinating to read what you say about yourself. Very Canadian I'd say. Love it! GM

oreneta said...

THANKYOUVERYMUCH Jason....needed that.

Beth, they would just DIE if I did that...I have taken to using embarassment as a child behaviour managment technique...if they do something I don't approve of in public...heh heh heh heh...the ultimate arsenal.

Dawn...I DON'T have a tongue piercing...I had to re-read that to be sure....

GM...Now I have to go read it again and see why it is so Canadian?!?