Friday, October 2, 2009

remember these???

I am delighted to report that I have a cold. That seems like maybe I am being ironic or sarcastic or something, but honestly I felt so dreadful for two days I am simply thrilled to have your basic down home common cold!

Eldest was madly studying for a test that involved recognizing parts of speech, when I remembered these! When I was a kid these came on TV periodically. Were they part of TVO? I have no idea...but here you go:

For adjectives there is

this

and here is another video just for the fun of it. In fact this conjunction video was my favorite.

Loved those when I was a kid!

Tomorrow morning we meet the architect (again) and youngest has a game....

5 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Oh me too! When my son was just months old I found a Schoolhouse Rock double dvd and bought it, more for me than for him. I loved the jingles, can even remember most of them today if someone just gets me started. Good luck tomorrow with the architect and I'm happy to hear it's just a "common" cold.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!

I remember those cartoons. I can even sing one... but wouldn't want to scare you, y'know? LOL

Beth said...

Having done battle with a nasty virus, I certainly understand your thrill in having just a “basic down home common cold.”
May your meeting with the architect go well!

Beth said...

Even if it's "just" a cold, it's still no fun. I hope you're back to full health really soon!

And OF COURSE I remember Schoolhouse Rock videos! They're amazing! Who'd have dreamed that songs about grammar rules could be catchy and fun? I vote that they be reinstated immediately on all TV channels showing kids' programs!!

BTW- I hope you feel well enough to deal with the architect.

oreneta said...

Bodhi, School house rock was great...and yes, I am also glad that it is just a cold

Carla, I'm not THAT easy to scare!

Beth, I thought you might relate! It is so nice to know that I am not SICK, just a little unwell.

Beth, I vote with you....though my kids found them LONGish....