Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wind

It has been stupendously windy today, I woke up thinking that someone was hosing off the deck on Oreneta.  I am, however, firmly land-bound at the moment, but the new roof makes a heavy rain sound positively nautical.  That and the singing chimneys.  Sounds better in Catalan, les ximeneies estan cantan.

They do sing too.  I have decided that it doesn't bother me in the least.

Today we:

finished the left-overs  (I kinda miss turkey...I may have to get a bit and cook it for myself - no one else does)

fixed up Eldest's computer

blew sideways in the hills

sketched

painted

read

worked a bit on the house

more of the same too come.

GOTTA love a four day weeekend.

Gotta LOVE it.

3 comments:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Gotta. Sounds divine.

Mother Theresa said...

Hi Orneta,
I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Sounds like you had an enjoyable holiday. We had the long weekend with no internet...and just when I was looking forward to using it for getting back to blogging. But we up and running again! See you around :)

oreneta said...

Hula, it was an absolute dream, and the three day week that follows...absolute bonus.

Mother T! Hey...so glad to see you up and running again, on your own terms though, no?