Friday, September 30, 2011

overload

Suddenly it looks like I'm going to be trying to do it all.

I think that is probably a bad idea.  Hmmmmmmm.

Why is it....well, I actually do understand the mechanics of it, but it still bites.....why is it that books you aren't liking so much take SO long to read, while those you love are gone with a sip and a blink.

Why is it that your favourite clothes wear out so fast and those ones you don't like so much hang around and around and around.

I do get it, but I don't get it too.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Books? The ones we love we read way too fast!
Clothes? The ones we love we wear way too often & thus, wash often.
I have just done in yet another favourite t-shirt.

How did you get to overload in just a day??!!

kate said...

Love the sip and a blink!

Someone I respect has a wide variety of interests, which she pursues in spurts-- for awhile she will focus on one thing (we're talking months, at least, but I suppose it could work in shorter cycles, too) until a different project calls out and then she works on that. I've always liked that idea-- that you can give yourself over to something and really do it for awhile, but that doesn't mean you are making your final choice and closing off all the other opportunities/interests forever...