Thursday, May 30, 2013

Another day, a few more photos

Well, lets clarify that, the first couple of photos are the same day, different venue.  You see, part of why I went to Paris this weekend was because a friend of mine was celebrating her 50th AND her graduation from University!!!!

They held a party in the Louvre!

This is one of the central sculpture galleries, which after miles (literally) of artwork is blessedly light and airy and spacious.  Also there is a modern installation in there which you can see through the window.



And an installation on the pyramid, that's my sister and I in the shadow...she lives there too, so I got to see her, my brother in law and my nephews!


A scene from dinner.  Serious yum.


The next morning I woke up BRIGHT and early (hello insomnia!)  so went down to the Musé d'Orsay - partially as it was the only one open so early....and we were greeted in the line by this little bird singing away at us!  Sadly the camera was set on food, and he isn't so the photo is a little odd. I do confess to using a point and shoot set on automatic.  Works well enough for the basics.  Sorry folks, but that's the way I roll.


The d'Orsay doesn't allow photography inside, so I stuck to the spirit of the law if not the letter and didn't take photos of the artwork, though in fact, this seat/bench/octopus was amazing.  I had a seat in it, and I could sleep there.  Goodness it was marvelous.


The clock....everyone has this photo I suspect but it is still wonderful.


Then there were these incredible benches.  See those?


I went and had a seat cause I wasn't sure if they were glass or plastic.  They were pretty cool and very hard, like glass is, but the Man is assuring me that it is incredibly difficult to cast glass like this so it is highly unlikely that they could be glass.  Now I know next to nothing about glass casting, so I will bow to his wisdom, but they did feel like glass, and they were definitely cool as all get out.



Then, since I was taking photos of chairs and benches, I thought I'd throw these in too....


and got all artsy fartsy with the photography


I thought this bridge was crazy cool, both an upper and a lower level!


Then got on a velib, here's a photo of my trusty steed!


and the fun continued, but that's another post......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratsy birthday to your friend, then :D
It's too bad the Musée d'Orsay doesn't let people take pictures inside... :(

oreneta said...

I am not sure why they do that honestly, people were taking photos, I understand the no flash thing, but no photos?

Anonymous said...

afraid of people counterfeiting art with an instagram picture, maybe?