Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tea, for me, is a very private thing

I think that tea should be a social thing, a lot of the time and the few times I am with my British family, I do adore it how someone always goes and puts the kettle on for everyone. 

My parents do too, but they drink their tea very differently than I do, (green and very weak) so we don't tend to share it out.

No one in my immediate family likes tea, and sometimes, out of a sense that tea should be sociable at least some of the time, I offer my kids some.  NEVER any takers, they just don't like it.

Now don't get me wrong, I still love my cups of tea, but sometimes, it is just better when you're sharing it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At home, there's always tea in the pot :). And in my new office, I make myself a thermos every morning ;)

oreneta said...

Nice isn't it. I do the same thing at work often too. I do sometimes wish I could share a cup with someone though as well.