1. I am impatiently waiting to use two phrases some day in my spoken English. Well, and I am waiting to remember to use them when I get the chance. Do you do this? My other big problem is that there are not that many people that I speak English with....anyway, they are these two phrases....
a description of a person as: a sucking chest wound of a human, and I also someday want to say that an idea: is getting traction. Or not getting traction. I would be happy either way.
2. Medical day today....a quick visit for Eldest at the hospital in BCN, (BIG THANK YOU to a friend here who drove me in...and what a lot of Catalan we spoke!) I also took Chuckster to the vet...he is not getting worse, but he is not getting better. Another 20 shots...it now takes both the man and I to do them; he doesn't like it.
3. I have discovered that my Catalan has gotten to where I largely understand the language if I just let it sort of flow over me and lap around inside my head, if I make the fatal mistake of trying to think about it, or remembering that I am listening to Catalan, I am T.O.A.S.T. as in, it is not gaining traction with me at all (!!!!!!) However what is even worse is when I realise that I have noticed it is Catalan, and I start trying to think about not thinking that it is Catalan. My future now holds two possibilities...either I will improve in Catalan, or the Dalai Lama will send me a certificate for thinking about not thinking...it has to be worth something on the route to Nirvana...sort of like the meditation where you have to describe the sound of one hand clapping (that would be a blessed silence as anyone with noisy children could tell you in the fraction of a nanosecond.)
4. I got on my witch broom today with some kids in a class I was substituting teaching...someone should have taken those boys around behind the barn or into the woodshed a few years ago. I threw a mere four kids out of my class. Rotten stinking brats...RUDE brats. Some day they will realise that not everyone loves them, indeed some people really really dislike them.
5. Eating strawberries....big beautiful strawberries straight off the stem...makes me burp outrageously and luxuriously....
6. In class today, a child - not one of the kids I threw out - thanked me for something. I said 'your welcome' which made her laugh and say, "but I'm already here!"
7. Chuckbacka can catch popcorn in the air!
8. And BEST!!!BEST BESTTTTTT!!!!
Lookee lookee lookee at the book that Nomad sent me! Is she not the BEST! It came in the mail today, and now that eldest is in bed, I may get to read some of it too! Have I mentioned recently how much I adore this woman? What a great gift to have come in the door. I am SO excited.