Monday, June 2, 2008

ummmm, glum, isn't that a great word?

Glum.

That is a fantastic word.

It is funny sounding and onomatopoeic.

I hate the word rural, probably because I find it hard to say.

I also like resorcinol...a kind of glue, which is also hard to say, kind of like aerobics for the tongue, but somehow I like that word...

I also like made up words like youngests' ovideous. It is very very bad if you get called that.

Then there are the semi-made up ones like galumphs, or glopulets...

Seems I like gl combos...I don't like y's at the ends of words though.

What's your favourite word, and why?

7 comments:

elPadawan said...

glum makes me think of... "my precioussssss". erm. Sorry 'bout that :D.

A favorite word? I don't think I have any. I like them all :)

Boo and Trev said...

Ooh I love Serendipity, and escutcheon. A pleasure to say

Beth said...

My mind has gone blank. I know I have lots of favourite words but being asked has scattered them from my brain. I can only come up with a (goofy) term of endearment we use around here - "glink-knob."
(I don't think it's rude...)

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Omniscient, crustacean, livid, splendid, dazzle. I could go on forever. My favorite city name is Tallapoosa (in Missouri). It makes me giggle. Oh, giggle..there's another one.

oreneta said...

elPadawan, how kind of you. There are definately words I DON't like.

Boo and Trev, I have to go look up escutcheon now....

Beth, there is nothing like being asked directly for things to disappear...goofy terms of endearment are always fun though!

Hula, what a great list...crustacean...yup...dazzle...with you, there are some fantastic canadian place names too....giggle!

Anonymous said...

Kim S and I have been friends for many years, and we were roommates for a couple years in college. She had an affinity for the words beaker and broccoli. Consequently, I have also come to enjoy those words and thing they make great names for inanimate objects.

oreneta said...

Dawn, I have to agree about beaker...it is a great name, was it the Muppets or Sesame Street that had a beaker, I think the Muppets, clearly Jim Henson agreed with your asessment.