Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More strange folks.

Went out to walk the dog early early the other day (6am) and a clean, shaven, muscular man in his mid-thirties in beige pants a t-shirt and flat sneakers called out to me, "Do you live there sweetie?"

That was a little weird.

Then he proceeded to, rather incoherently, beg for 8 bucks.  End of the month, got a flat, can't pay to get it fixed.

If he hadn't called me sweetie, and started out asking where I lived, if he had looked at me some of the time, though he said he was embarrassed.

I didn't give him the money, partially cause I didn't have my wallet, partially cause I didn't have the money and partially cause he was kinda weird.

I did feel bad though too....the 27th?  Said he had $32 in the bank and was 8 short.  Could be true.

Where are these people coming from?

2 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Maybe it's not them, it's you! You are new energy in a place and perhaps you the weirdos have their antennae out and have picked up your frequency! It would have freaked me out a little to have that happen to me, glad you had the Chuckster at the time. I once was asked for money outside a tire store (waiting for my winters to be put on), the guy was in a Yaris, he wanted $20 for gas and got so pissed off when I said no. I think it's a lot of nerve to ask total strangers for money then try to intimidate them then yell at them. I often give money to people on the street who seem down and out but I also get the feeling when something is "off". Now I've gone on and on....

Tiffany at Patheya said...

I had to look at this post! Weird people, yay! What would Harry Potter be without them? :p

(verification loolles!)