Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bye bye shrub!

Found on Clay Burell's always fascinating site....

Asked to sum up Bush’s record on the [climate change] issue, France’s climate ambassador Brice Lalonde chose instead to pass on a story he had heard.

A man comes to the White House asking to see Bush. “He doesn’t live here anymore,” he is told. The next two days he comes again asking the same question, and receiving the same answer.

On the fourth day, the exasperated guard shot back: “I’ve already told you, he’s no longer here.”

“I know, I know,” the man replied. “But it’s such a pleasure to hear you say it.” (source)

In the news, Youngest's basketball team won handily, 60 - 8. She even scored two points!

Eldest has a field trip coming up this week. The near 200 kids from her grade are being trucked into BCN, they will go and do a set activity, and then be released into the Barri Gothic, unsupervised. They are mandated to remain in heards of at least two - analogies to lemmings come to mind- and are to meet back, we know not where, at a fixed time.

The man is concerned.

As he said, "It was easier when they were in strollers."

True, but I'm glad we're past that stage.

4 comments:

CB said...

Glad somebody liked that joke :)

I may have asked you this before, but have you ever read any of John Barth's novels? Sailing is almost always included. Before anybody dies, they should read his _On With The Story_ - but only do so past the age of 40 or so.

End of unsolicited book recommendation.

I miss Spain. Enjoy it for me.

mmichele said...

That is hilarious! I must re-tell. Though I always forget the punchline in real time.

Anonymous said...

lol - yeah that Bush guy. . . it's time for him to go.

Goodbye and so long W, and don't let the door hit you in the a** on your way out.

oreneta said...

Clay, no you haven't, and I will have to read that one....I was going to put it on my Amazon wish list, but but but....Spain is wonderful. I am doing my best to enjoy it every day.

Mmichele, I thought it worth a retell and a link...then there is the shoe!

Trish...what the h*ll is he doing in Iraq??? OMG, he can't show his face in the US, so he thought he'd go over there and thumb his nose ONE MORE TIME? What an *sshole. Honestly.