Monday, January 26, 2009

Shoes


OK...I GOT NEW SHOES!!!!!

Can you tell I've already taken them into the hills and the dog has stepped on my feet?

I will grant that they are not the boots I was hoping for, though I did see a pair of blundstones, they were putting weird pressure on the big toe nail of my right foot, so that was out.

I came across this pair of Merrill shoes, that I love love love...OK, that may be extreme, cause they aren't exactly the coolest shoes in the world, but they are comfy, black suede and slip on....most everything I was hoping for. See???



Ok, ok, ok....they don't scream cool....but they're good and they're warmer than the converse and I am happy......

and that is good.

8 comments:

Beth said...

If you've worn out those (great) shoes by the time you come to Toronto this summer (if you are) there's a store at Yonge & Eglinton that sells lots just like those ones! And now that you know the make and correct size, maybe you can find them online.
Ah, such relief...

Vancouver Isle Doug said...

Those are nice shoes. I need something like that to wear at work. No street shoes allowed in the office so I have slippers at work. Trouble is they aren't too cool, not like your shoes.

Enjoy!

mmichele said...

veerrry nice!

Anonymous said...

Honey . . . Merrill shoes are the very very best and coolest shoes ever! I have a couple of pairs and they are just about the only ones I wear.

Sandals too!

Very nice.

oreneta said...

Beth, is it the Mocshop (?)...if it is that's where I first saw them! I am going to TO again this summer, cross your fingers that I'll have work too....

Thanks Doug...no street shoes at work? A little odd, but what the heck...do you have dinosaur slippers? I would feel the urge to get all sorts of wacky shoes...maybe that wouldn't be appropriate either.

Mmichele THANK you!!!

Trish, Merrill makes sandals??!?!??? I'll just have to go and look. My buddy in Amsterdam had some really lovely Naots as well.....

Beth said...

Right - I think that's what it's called...something Moc...northeast corner.
Fingers crossed as to work in TO!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your shoes!!! I would wear them in an instant!

oreneta said...

Beth, Moc something...it's a great store, I have bought lots of shoes in there....

Carla, THANK you!!!! I wear them most instants now....