Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oslo and Jesus

The man is back, which is very very good. He ended up having a reasonable time along with getting all the work done.

He managed to go and see the Viking Ship Musuem as well as the Fram which if you are not a fan of polar exploration, was the ship that carried just about everyone who succeeded at what they aimed at doing to whatever frozed barren patch or wasteland caught their fancy; and home again. Amazing ship...Colin Archer designed and built too...though that little bit I find astonishing myself.

You can read about Archer here and here. Let's just say that he was one of the world's most outstanding boat designers and builders. I also have to confess that I didn't realise that he was Norweigen until just now. The list of boats he built is like the ultimate who's who of yachts and ships.

Oslo is definately a place that has made it onto the list of must visits for us...

Did I ever mention that one of the first conversations that the man and I ever had was about Polar exploration? It was really early on, and at that point I barely knew him....and that conversation made me think to myself that this guy just maybe was really really neat; indeed we were both, coincidentally, reading the same book at the same time.

I am such a nerd.

Glad he got to go to the museums, and got all the work done even if he didn't sleep or eat much....

Even more glad that he is back.

Oooooh, and I got invited to a friend's house for lunch and we had the YUMMIEST steamed mussels...mmmmmm oh my goodness!

OH!! I just thought I should also mention, I have an appointment with Jesus! Really! Wednesday at 6pm. I even asked if I could take photos and he said yes!

Sweet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you ate Mussels not Muscles, usually muscle meat is grilled or roaste not steamed.

Pedantic relative

Beth said...

So, have you read "The Terror" yet!? If not, you should!! You'd LOVE it!! It's a must for all polar exploration groupies.


I look forward to seeing pictures of you and Jesus. You seem to know the most interesting people...

MaR said...

Can't wait to meet Jesus!
:D

oreneta said...

Beth, I'll have to look up "The Terror" who's it by?

Mar, should be fun! Only two more days....the jokes that could be made, and in such bad taste too!

Beth said...

You are so not a nerd.
And I expect you to behave like a saint when you meet with Jesus.

oreneta said...

Beth, it will make a nice change, as I behaved like a b*tch for a lot of today...oh my goodness, the tales I have to tell.

*sigh*

Sometimes it is required of us. So nasty and tiresome.

J.G. said...

Please post pictures of Jesus ASAP. :-)