Friday, May 1, 2009

Public service announcement

How to build a castell....

Start with the bit of paper and the plan:


Make sure everyone is paying attention,


Get everyone lined up properly, if it is sloppy here......


Good, good good,


Gather your crowd and line them all up, or at least some of them up.....


Squish three more right smack dab in the center, I don't know if you stand on these ones or the outer ones, hard to say. I think not.


Take a moment for some patty-cake,


Hands up all!

Cue the music,


First level up.....


Keep climbing,

Send out the children,


and then you only have to get back down again!

*management warns that this activity does hold some risk so maybe you shouldn't try it at home.

8 comments:

Clark said...

Looks fun, but I think I would prefer the photographer's job.

swenglishexpat said...

Great series of photos!

Beth said...

Try it at home?!! Not even in my wildest, craziest dreams. I'll continue to admire the entire exercise/feat from afar.
Great photos!

mmichele said...

Even with your excellent instructions, I might have trouble pulling this one off. Thanks for the tips, though. I'll be sure to consult you if I ever do want to build a castel.

J.G. said...

Impressive! I confess I went to Wikipedia to read up, but your pictures are way better at showing the steps. Thanks for the window into Spanish culture.

oreneta said...

JG, that would be CATALAN culture. All my neighbours would bristle mightily over that. It is only the Catalans who build castells.

Carla said...

Yes, I would be the observer on the side, too! LOL Thanks for showing a slice of culture!

PS: Your art postcard arrived yesterday! What a treat to get something from you! Thanks!

hooray said...

Awesome photos. I wonder if my seniors could do that. JK. We won't try it at school! ;-)