Sunday, January 10, 2010

SNOW, family, peace, beauty and nature. Perfect.

This weekend was very nearly perfect.  Indeed, I think it was perfect.  I cannot think of a single thing that would have improved it.  Not one little thing.

We slept, we napped, we walked for miles and miles and miles and we ate well.

The hotel we stayed in was perfect, we had a little apartment that we rented which was glorious with lovely views of the mountains.

Down the street was a forn (bakery) that also had a cellar.  See:





We went up to the mountains in search of snow.  You see, the rents couldn't come and visit because the of the snow in the UK and the weather here.  So we decided that we couldn't sit around the house feeling forlorn.  Off we went.

For all of you who are slogging through the endless winters up there further north, I am not sure how you'll feel about all this.  Don't want to look like I'm gloating...this was the first bit of snow we saw.  We were all so excited we had to take a picture.  Sad, but true.



It got a little snowier.  Dusted I guess we would call it, farinat is the Catalan which means 'floured' which seems pretty perfect to me.


There's the mountain, it's called Montseny.  It is very beautiful.....this is a photo from where we started.  We made it up into the snow, which I think is pretty good going with a couple of kids. The dog could have gone to the top and back twice if we weren't so gol darn slow.



See what I mean?




He LOVES snow....loves it.  I have to agree with Helen too, I am not the least bit sure why his feet don't get cold.  They don't seem to though.

You'd be hard pressed to get me to lay belly down in the snow for that matter.



Hope your weekend was wonderful too.

O

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck looks so great in the snow :). Week-end was ok, we didn't have much snow around Paris, but I know that it was way worse a bit further away from here...

J.G. said...

We had sleet and flurries, and ice in all the water buckets here in Orlando--very unusual for us. You and Chuck have the right idea: embracing the cold and making it into an adventure. But that can be easier said than done!

Clark said...

Did you do your hiking in your new boots?

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun and sorry we weren't there. We had a walk along the Thames on Saturday in about 4 inches of snow. Lovely walk. The rowers were out in force, but we felt sorry for the coxes because it was about minus 2 or so.
Sea Dogs

oreneta said...

ElP, glad the weekend was OK, we had snow in Paris last year at Christmas...much to youngest's delight!

JG...good lord, that is horrific! Totally unequipped for that...

CS, I did indeed and they didn't even hurt much! I have a photo to prove it too1

Seadogs, glad you got out and did something nice anyway. We were sorry you weren't here too, but we had a glorious weekend to compensate anyway.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Floured-I like that. That pretty much describes the snow we received. What a fun trek. I'm always so envious of your travels.

BTW-I'm still jamming on that hand cream you sent me last year now that "chapped hands" are back in season. Thanks again.

oreneta said...

Hula, do you need more?