Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Notes from a conference?

Nope, tooooooo much, though I didn't have the radio on in the car on the way home, thinking way way way too hard.

One thing they talked about was memory fragmentation, and how rapid it is after a learning experience. Have to say it has me worried, I am so excited by so many topics, and I have no idea when I will be able to get around to making some headway with any of them, I just finished that block of teaching and I don't know when I will have time to process it into all the different areas I work with, adult learners, children's learning, language learners.....

So many different angles.

5 superb presenters, and I am struggling to hold it all in my head.

What a wonder, and more tomorrow.

It was interesting too, the interplay of the different presentations.  Everyone got the same keynote speakers, but then the experiences from the others were all subtly differnt, well, some were enormously different.  It all doesn't quite tie in tightly, so it is a bit of a juggling act, but it does tie in.  Then there is my teaching philosophy angle that also requires another sideways look at it all.

I am rambling cause my brain is basically gone.  Sleep so I can process and learn more tomorrow.

Next order of activity.

Then SAILING!

3 comments:

Boo and Trev said...

Blimey! Any conference I go to the always leave the most tedious session till just after lunch. Then I struggle to keep my eyes open and you see people checking their emails and sending texts. Perhaps that's something to do with librarianship conferences

Anonymous said...

Have a glorious time sailing off into the blue horizon.GM

oreneta said...

Boo, this one was brilliant, though maybe I was lucky, I haven't been to that many conferences overall...

GM, thanks so much!