Sunday, September 30, 2012

Yes, I have legs. Sí, en tinc cames

Well, today has been athletic.  First the Man and I walked about 5K, then we rowed for about an hour, and it was not gentle lily-dipping the whole time.  Gasp!  I haven't rowed in MONTHS!!!!
Deu n'hi do!  Avui ha quedat molt atlètic! Per començar, l'Home i jo hem caminat una 5 kilòmetres, llavors, hem remat per una hora i no hem anat xino-xano tampoc.  Urgh, no he anat a remar per MESOS!!!!

After lunch, I was starving, a haircut for the man, a shower and a nap, Youngest, Chuck and I went out for a run to try out her new trail running shoes, she says they're very comfy, which is wonderful.  Then a walk to a friends and a bike ride back, they've lent me a bike till I find one that I both like and can afford.  A challenge that.  Desprès de dinar, i tenia una gana que mata, tallava els cabells de l'Home, m'ha dutxat, i feia un migdiada; la Petita, en Chuck i jo hem anat a córrer a la muntanya, sobretot per provar les bambes noves de la Petita.  Són fet per anar a córrer a la muntanya, trail runners es diu en anglès.  M'ha dit que son molt còmodes, me'n alegro.  Llavors, he anat a peu cap a la casa d'una amiga i he tornat amb un bici!  M'estan deixant un bici fins que trobi un que m'agrada i que no surti super car.  Una repta això.

This week, main goal:  find a bike.
El objectiu principal d'aquesta setmana:  troba un bici

Secondary goal, swim in the sea, seems a good one.
El objectiu secundari: nada al mar, sembla un bon idea.

In the plans, meet up with Kate, teach, study, paint, run, the usual suspects.  Also reintegrate pilates into the running routine.  I've been lazy about it when I get back from a run, but the reality is that it really helps and works well with the abdominals.  Which at my age, helps a lot stopping back ache.
També tinc planificat de trobar-me amb la Kate, ensenyar, estudiar, pintar, córrer, com sempre.  També vull reintegrar pilates en la meva rutina de córrer.  Fa temps, em fa pal fer-ho quan torno de córrer, però la realitat és que m'ajuda molt sobretot amb els abdominals.  Que, amb la meva edat, ajuda molt per prevenir mal d'escena.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

quite a program you got there! And swimming in the sea? Isn't it too cold for that already? Maybe not in your part of the world...

oreneta said...

Well, the air has gotten a little cold, but if I'm hot from some exercise, the water's still pretty warm. And the air isn't that cold yet, pretty sweaty walking around in pants and a tshirt in the middle of the day