Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hold hands.

Whew!

Busy day.

We should all sleep well tonight.

We ate well (more fresh wild asparagus),

we walked well,

we talked well,

and

we saw some cool stuff.

Well....

Wanna see a bit?

Here goes.....

The Sardana is the Catalan national dance, and to be honest with you is not all that much to look at, no spectacular leaps or jumps, it really looks quite simple. That said, like so many Catalan national activities it is something that is done as a group, something that seems to be a connecting theme with most of the traditions.




One of the risks of being from Mediterranean stock, you are so vulnerable to that mafia look, don't you think?


Saw a black smith at work, sporting the Barça colours (they won tonight), and sporting a classic Catalan do...the dreadlock mullet. He actually isn't that bad looking all things considered, and the mullet is so long that it almost qualifies as another issue altogether.


So...

Hope you had a good weekend, I think this was one of the fastest of my entire life, but I loved it too....so much sweetness and fun.

6 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

THAT is definitely beyond mullet. I don't know what to call it, I think it's in a class of its own.

Beth said...

Hope you all had sweet dreams after your sweet and busy day.
One of the great reasons to keep a blog - so you'll always have a reminder of the wonderful times.

contemporary themes said...

Love the title, "Hold Hands." I'm thinking that's definitely the way to do things these days. Glad you all had a wonderful weekend. Sweet dreams!

Boo and Trev said...

I have to bring the tone of the conversation down and ask what has been bugging me for weeks now. Does wild asparagus make you wee smell like cultivated asparagus?

oreneta said...

Bhodi, they like those here a whole lot....he's not unique.

Beth, that is indeed one of the reasons.

She, it is also a part of most of the traditions here, holding on to each other and doing things together.

Boo and Trev, I have to confess I have never noticed this phenomenon with either the cultivate or the wild asparagus, but our guest assures me that yes, with the cultivated it has occurred to her and she says that, "No, she hasn't noticed any changes." It may have to do with volume of asparagus eaten, we just don't gather all that much....

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Well, that mullet thing is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it. However, I can tell you I would be terribly excited about wild asparagus. Looks like a fun weekend!