Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chuck that for a waste of time.

I have spent a fair amount of today at a low boil, some of today boiling right over and my trigger has been a little touchy for a while.  I think this has been a part of getting sick -gradually - being sick, and now recovering from being sick.  Either that or the world has just not been set right and it is p*ssing me right d*mn off.

Seems time to check back in on the good stuff.

Good stuff; sometimes hard to remind ourselves.  Right now I have about 5 rants stewing around in my head, but Beth over at Blind as a Bat has a list up of of things she's loving right now.  This will be a useful discipline.  At the moment it is tough to come up with much.  She's got 12 things up, let's see what I manage.

.......truita de patates

........my boss and co-workers

........my family (so predictable it doesn't count)

........swear words so I can use them (in three languages)

........the mountains, sea and sunshine.

........teenage students (some might question that one, but sometimes they are fantastic)

........my bed.  So comfy....

.........Chuck the whining dependent dog.

OH!   This is making me sick.

I just am not feeling like doing this.

Onwards and upwards...I was in the bar across the street yesterday and noticed a man come it, at 5pm.  He bought a pack of smokes, then he ordered an espresso with anise...that would be the alcohol.  He knocked that back...50/50 espresso/liquor...topped off with a smoke.  The perfect recipe for the drive home.

When I asked about this I was told this is actually more normally drunk at breakfast.

Silly me, I thought Wheaties was the breakfast of champions!

7 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Hmmm. I guess that is one way to start the day, an anise chaser. I guess it's a cultural thang. It must be very liberating to know how to swear in multiple languages.

Anonymous said...

When you get too uptight think of India, time is not an important part of the lifestyle, no watches or clocks around
Namaste
Sea dog

J.G. said...

I always thought a granola bar and a Diet Coke was the breakfast of champions. Hmmm. Maybe I should give the espresso/liquor/cigarette combo a try. It would certainly take the edge off rush hour.

Helen said...

Get some horrible china and throw it at a wall - it is very satisfying.

Or if you have bubble wrap put some on the floor and jump on it hard so it pops loudly.

Or find a place where you can do it and just scream.

All these things make one nicer to know when you get to a bottled up rage state

oreneta said...

Bodhi, it has it's uses.....

Anon, something to dread thinking about.

JG, I agree, I think it would give the morning rush hour a whole different feel.

Helen, those are some EXCELLENT suggestions.

Jason, as himself said...

We must all stop ourselves from time to time and look at the good stuff going on...even if it is halfheartedly and only for a minute.

Drunk at breakfast. Hmmm.

oreneta said...

I guess drunk at breakfast is one way of looking at the good stuff....not sure though.