Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Granollers!

Guess where I went today?  Abandoned my family and hopped a train to Granollers!  Never been there before and it is a lovely town - (pop. 60,000)

I met up with Tiffany and Kate again, which was a delight again, and we had a lovely lebanese lunch and coffee in the center of the old town, which was beautiful, and if my guides are to be trusted has had a market that has run EVERY single week, always on a Thursday since some time in the 1100s!

I'm going to be off the air/intermittent for the next couple of days, and I'll tell you why when I get back online!

On another note, I am NEARLY finished the newest Murakami (no spoilers please)  104 pages to go.  That sounds like rather a lot, but there are very nearly 800 pages in the whole thing, so it seems very little...

Gonna go read now, though I don't think I'll manage to finish it today!

Cheers!  and here's to good food, good company and some good laughs!

O

5 comments:

Tiffany at Patheya said...

It was absolutely lovely to see you again. Thanks for taking the initiative! Have a great mini break!

thecatalanway said...

Have a great trip. Say bonjour from me to the smells and sounds of Paris! K x

Boo and Trev said...

Away for a couple of days? Clearly, you have been invited to the royal wedding! Have a great time and love to Kate and Wills, enjoy the cucumber sarneys!

J.G. said...

Life is just one adventure after another for you! Have fun.

(Thought about you the other day when I saw a sailboat in dry storage.)

oreneta said...

Tiffany and Kate, it was lovely, Granollers and Paris both...though in different ways, no?

Boo, OBviously...they have champagne on ice for me!

JG, Try for it....I was thinking about our boat in storage too...maybe this is the year we'll do some much needed work on her....