Monday, April 11, 2011

Sooooo

An Aussi, a Brit and a Canuck sit down in a cafe...

Sounds like a joke, it isn't but it was a big fat laugh!

Friday I got to meet up with Kate and Tiffany, two other expats living here in Catalonia.  It was FUN.  We all got a chance to talk about our individual challenges and communal challenges (noise, bureaucracy, language)

We started at one cafe, too noisy (pneumatic drills), moved to a second, no service (weirdness) then finally a third which actually had pretty crappy service, but what the heck, we had time.

A treat!

We ate, we drank, we chatted and laughed...they walked me down to the metro when I had to go, I dragged them into a bookstore cause I am jonesing SO bad for the new Murakami, IQ84....no go.  I have asked at a local store here to see if they can get it in, if not I have to WAIT till I go to BCN again!  AUGH!!!!

Lovely lovely lovely!  I learned new vocab too!  Gotta love an Aussi!

Gonna have to do that again, if your up for it ladies!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Sounds good!

oreneta said...

T'was!

J.G. said...

Sounds like great fun. I had a chat with a French friend today and there is definitely something about the cross-cultural thing . . .

Tiffany at Patheya said...

Yes yes yes!
It was lovely to meet you and you were seriously a hoot. Loved the new book store and if you are ever coming in and want to catch up, just let us know!
This week I've been crazy busy with visitors.
Air kiss!

oreneta said...

JG, it is neat meeting folks from other parts of the world...though we all seemed familiar, at least to me....

Tiffany! May have to make my way to Granollers one of these days! Hope the visitors are fun

*mwah*