Saturday, March 3, 2007

Friends, and more friends.

In my language class yesterday I learned that Vladimir Putin, you know the President of Russia, has an English language lesson every morning. Well, next time I am complaining about being too busy, or not having time to get something done, just remind me of that OK? I am not trying to run Russia for crying out loud, and I still sometimes feel like I cannot get it all done.

Had a headache all afternoon yesterday, I finally came to the conclusion that it may have had to do with the liter of tea, which is my normal morning intake, PLUS the espresso...Caffeine and dehydration.

Here's the most important thing though....NOMAD"S HERE!!!! YEAH. They got here just after lunchtime, shortly before breakfast if you are Catalan. That's not fair, I exaggerate, shortly after breakfast. She brought whole grain food goodies, they must have cursed that bag, it weighed a TON, and BOOKS!!!! YIPEEEE, and I have some to trade with her too....but most importantly they all are here, and we are all quite excited. The kids were trembling with glee, and well, lets just say we talked a lot. And walked and the kids played, and we ate, and we talked, and watched the town go by and it was generally very nice. We're going to see if the market is open in the morning, and then it looks like Barcelona tomorrow. So good. It is so nice having friends here.

Her kids are bigger, and the little one had a 'map' that she was carrying in her purse on our walk to ensure we didn't get lost, and we would all stop to check it regularly so that she could tell us exactly where we were. Nomad's eldest child and my youngest carried half a forest through most of our walk, and were intent on digging a man trap by the side of the road, and covering it with the branches. They were convinced to build it off road at a later time. They were, in the course of one short afternoon, pirates and spies, they played with geometric tiles, and Polly Pockets, and well, lets just say they had a very good time, and a very giggly time. Nomad's kids were pretty tired from their disturbed night, they had to get on the train at about 1 am, but were absolutely delightful despite this.

Lovely lovely lovely.

On top of that we got to have a phone call with friends from Canada as well, and my daughters talked long and happily with their son, who is practically their brother they have known each other so long and so well...they were very happy. We'll have to call them more often. We will be seeing them in the summer and they have some very cool ideas for things for the kids to do...lots of interesting conversations coming up there as well.

For now, life is excellent. The house is packed and we're all delighted.

*GRIN*

I would like to point out that there are kids out playing in the street, and it is 11pm.

Also, Nomad brought her digital, but unfortunately her card doesn't talk to my computer. Hmmm. Didn't know that could be a problem. Ah well. Eventually we'll get some photos posted.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like you're all having a great time.
With you and Nomad together, I'm expecting a post about all the delicious food you'll be eating and/or preparing.
Enjoy!

Angel said...

ah Oreneta...you sound SO happy right now. You guys are so lucky to be able to get together and enjoy this time.

oreneta said...

Beth and Beth: Life is very very good right now. I am very very full. Urp.

Joanne Vive la Fr said...

you DO sound very happy - and I wanna tell you that actually i was thinking about how GREAT it is that you write this blog and i know all about what you are doing and what is happening in your life, and it makes ME feel great and connected to you being able to read it - glow of love and affection coming your way - and hope you have a lovely time ( starting to make myself sick here ) so one other comment - why on your translation/flags is there no Polish? Seems like ther should be.......
Love ya

oreneta said...

I'm with you on that, it is a tool and you download the html text, maybe java, I cannot remember. This is the tool I found and it only had those. I'll go hunting when I get a chance.

Unknown said...

Nomad and Oreneta in the same place. Frankly, I'm scared.

Anonymous said...

LOL at Dorky Dad...

Life is good. Eat lots, talk well into the night, drink and be happy. And then we want pictures;)

oreneta said...

DD: Bwah hah hah ha ha

Trish: We're working on it...and Nomad has a camera...