Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Home despot.

I spent an hour at Home Despot today...honest to God, is it possible to get through that place in less than an hour, however little you're buying?

I got mulch for the front garden, working on that curb appeal, and stain for the porch, paint for the kid's rooms inside which look particularly shabby, yadda yadda yadda...

I then went to the house, spread mulch over the newly weeded garden, those of you who read Nomad's ecstatic comments about working with the earth are not going to hear an echo on these pages. Work to get finished. That is it. I think I would enjoy it much more if there weren't such a deadline.

I pulled nails from walls and spread plaster, etc etc etc basically boring, even if your doing it.

I am not sure I will post tomorrow as my Dad is meeting me over there, he is going to hang a light fixture that I am too chicken to put in myself, and help me rehang a door. I am also going to have the boy who lives upstairs with us, so between jobs, I will feed all the kids dinner, and then drive the boy home, returning with the girls who will crash at our house on thermarests until I finish painting for the night, then I will pour them and maybe the dog as well, into the car, dump them all into bed and crash. The house goes on the market on Saturday, so there is a big push on to get it all done. Also that means that the end is in sight and I only have one week of this insanity until my life can hopefully approach normal again. There will still be stuff to do, but I can slow the pace and get some of it done at a more reasonable pace. One of the porches we build in the yard is rotting badly. I think I will leave it till the man gets here, even if the joint is rented, he can go out and get rid of that and we'll lay down flagstones instead.

The girls are missing their Dad pretty badly these days, particularly the eldest. They had an absolutely fantastic first day of the camp. I cannot get them to tell me anything they did other than dance like robots. Ah well. Maybe when we have more time. I am barely seeing them at all these days.

2 comments:

kate said...

Hmm, it sounds like you are going to be quite busy for the next week or so! I tagged you for a meme (like the weird things one but without the weird), only if you feel like it.

Good luck getting everything done!

oreneta said...

Boo: Home Despot is really Home Depot, a giant big box american style hardware store...it is gruesome but unfortunately useful..

Kate: I'll go look, but I may be a day or two responding. I don't mind.