Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Take me out to the ball game....

Yup, I went and saw the Jays today, saw them TROUNCE the Oakland A's...it was a fun game too.  There's a young guy on the team...Lawrie....apparently this was his fourth game in the majors.  He got a grand slam and a home run.

SWEET

Then the pitcher - Norberton or something like that - hit a player - Escobar - REALLY high, like it would have hit his neck but he got his shoulder in the way....both benches emptied and all the guys came out of the bull pens...

Weirdness.

Fun night overall.

Ahhhh summer.

5 comments:

Helen said...

I have no idea what some of that post means. Ah well, baseball is unlikely to come my way in Wales, so I won't try to understand.

Sherry said...

Now that's a ball game!! And yes Lawrie is a huge hit right now, just coming to the majors and making a name for himself. Usually being hit with the ball by the pitcher just means you take your base automatically...for the benches to clear that must have been some hit!! Glad you enjoyed the game...and so lovely to meet you last night!

oreneta said...

If you posted about cricket or rugby I'd be nearly as lost.....cricket almost completely!

Sherry, it was so very lovely to meet you too!!! and it was a fun game.

J.G. said...

I have to confess, I love it when they have a dust-up. All that testoterone and posturing, with almost never any real damage. Sounds like a great game!

oreneta said...

It was great....posturing indeed!