Friday, December 16, 2011

After yesterdays honest to goodness despair

Alleviated somewhat by his Justin-ness.....

Seems that in the US anyway, NEARLY ALL research involving testing on chimpanzees will be ended.  A BIG FAT YEAH!!!!!!

 Plus, as a good beginning, let's hope not just a scape goat action and nothing more, but as a fine thin beginning of a wedge, 6 Wall street executives have been charged for wrong doing leading the the economic downturn.  Send 'em to jail, for a long long time, and go find some more boys.  Sadly, it says their suing them.  Personally, I hunger for jail time and a lot of it.  They are criminals.  I'm not the only one thinking it either, now the politicians have to get their pieces of..... together and get some regulations back in place so these cack-headed nutjobs who think their smart but apparently ain't  can't screw it all up again.

And to boot?  It's Friday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always considered that the stock exchange system and the possibility of speculation was flawed in the first place. I recall having discussion with heavily capitalist colleagues who were claiming "everything is gonna be ok, the market regulates itself. Companies will go bankrupt, but it's for the greater good, it's weeding out the bad ones". Only thing I could think of was: "as long as there is man-made intervention on the market, it won't regulate itself. Speculators keep tampering and messing with the market".

oreneta said...

this is presumable also a man who would snigger into his Starbucks at the Gaia idea that the planet and it's entities are a self-regulating unit........

J.G. said...

Definitely something wrong with a system that allows and even encourages you to make money by betting against your own investments. Also something wrong with the folks whose consciences allow them to do it in pursuit of money, money, money.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Have I told you lately that I love you?! You make me laugh so much and now I am finding my voice, my energy again I can do that. I hadn't heard about the wall street "criminals" getting their due. I HAD heard about the chimps though. Yes, yes, yes, the world seems to be righting itself, doesn't it? I, too, would vote for jail time for the losers who thought they could steal the pot of gold and get away with it. That pot of gold is filled with other people's life savings, investments, retirement funds etc. The greedy b*st*rds, they get ever day behind bars they deserve, and then some. Anyone following this? Good!

Beth said...

Cautiously optimistic on some fronts, but OMG, that Crime bill of Harper's...