Monday, December 12, 2011

The back is better

I managed to throw out my back a bit yesterday, but today is a bit better, I have re-achieved homo erectus, although I think I am a sub-species (or whatever) of homo erectus incomodus - that would be a latin ending tossed on the Catalan word for uncomfortable.

In a desperate bid to stop the decline of my Catalan skills I went out this evening to a local group of music afficionados, which is nice because it's free and a nice group of people, although as much of the time is spent listening to music it is not the best milleu for improving my language skills, but it's also at a time I can go, so that is all good.

We were doing 'nadals', can you guess that one?  Songs related to Christmas....we ended on a lovely not, the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah, technically for Easter, but what the heck.

Interestingly, one of the women was talking about in the past, when she was a child and the people in Barcelona, on Easter at 10am people would come out and bang together their pot lids and rattle the bars of the balcony railings.  There was then debate about the significance of this with little resolution.

Bona nit!

Maybe I have to do this blog in both languages so I have to practice writing a little more.  Not, however, on a day when I am posting at 12:30 at night. (the music thing goes from 10 - midnight! on a Monday!!! Welcome to Catalunya!!!!!!)

No comments: