Friday, May 2, 2008

bumps and blurbs

I've got only two things to say. My face has broken out into the weirdest most prickly painful lumpy itchy rash I've suffered in a long long time. I am not happy about it and I wish I could just peel the thing right off and get at me underneath. I also think it is spreading as the back of my knee is really uncomfortable right now.

UGH.

The other think I want to say is to mention this really cool site I found today. Man I love del.i.cio.us I actually hyperlinked you to my favorites...so you can be nosy if you want to, or link to them....

I am way off base....Eldest loves to write and wants a book published. In real glossy-paged hard-backed formatted book. Sure she would love it if a real actual publisher picked it up...but a real book that she wrote is pretty exciting too, so we were searching around on Google and getting NOWHERE, when I went to del-icio-us...and there it was the number one pick....

BLURB

Now I have never tried this crowd, and they certainly ain't paying me for this comment (though if you're listening and you wanted to, I'd take a free book *hopeful sigh*) It looks really, really cool. The books look like good quality, the prices aren't too bad, you can book your blog, or your flickr site, or your photos, you can make little books for a gift, whatever...I am pretty excited and I'm going to be making one sometime soon...

Maybe when I stop looking like an ambulatory prickly pear.

*itch*

*scratch*

*sigh*

13 comments:

Alice said...

Wow! The BLURB site really does look tempting. Do you think they deliver to the UK? I'd love to get my sketchbooks and poems and maybe photographs bound like that! :o) Alice

oreneta said...

Alice they do deliver to the UK...and you could defninately get it done! We could buy a copy too! (if you let us)

MaR said...

I have to check out that BLURB site. Hope you get rid of that rash soon...

MaR said...

That link is great, thanks so much!!
:)

Anonymous said...

What did you eat,drink, wear or touch lately i.e. last 24 hours that was NEW OR DIFFERENT from previous daily routine?
Tried new soap suds or shampoo?
Spend too much time in heady spring sunshine?
Those are some of the things that bring on my allergy attacks.
Aloe vera does wonders for me.
Hope it all goes away soon! GM

Beth said...

If you rule out an allergy, think in terms of hives which can apparently break out for unknown reasons (or from stress). I had a brutal case of hives years ago - just about everywhere BUT my face. Nothing worked. Was finally given some Prednisone. Powerful stuff. Worked like magic in two days.
Hope you're improving.

And that Blurb site looks very interesting.

oreneta said...

Mar, I hope I am rid of the rash soon too! I think it looks like a very cool site as well....

GM, youngest put make up on my face, we ran correfoc, I put a new fabric on my face, I ate I know not what, half the mountain is blooming....the options are wide open....

Beth, I also had a wicked brutal bout of hives my last year of university, it went on for MONTHS....I was taking double or triple doses of antihistamines...then I went to India for three weeks, I thought it was going to kill me, but NO...they went away. I guess my immune system got a reality check, and that burst of perspective made it calm right down again.

I thought you might like the blurb site....

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your prickly situation. I hope it is getting better. Very cool about Blurb. I know there is a home school kid in our group who has done a couple of his own books but I am not sure what route he went. I think he is 10.

oreneta said...

Dawn, I would be interested to know how he did it...though I have to confess I am kind of sold on Blurb at this point...a mighty compelling website.

mmichele said...

i came back to find the link to show my son but alas cannot seem to locate it anymore. could you send it to me?

oreneta said...

Sure, how strange....

elPadawan said...

that looks really interesting, even though I would probably not deserve being published :p

oreneta said...

elPadawan, that is kind of the point, if we were publishable, then we would get them published and paid for...but....well, I am not sure anyone would pay for my ramblings...or my photos, that doesn't stop me form wanting to be able to see them in a handier format like a book...it would also make great gifts...b-days weddings etc...for my kids as well, it would really reinforce and support creativity if we could publish into a real book some of their work.