Monday, July 14, 2008

Camp and snakes

The girls had a decent day at camp. there are other girls in both of their groups and they have made friends, even if youngest cannot remember her friend's name (takes after her Dad). Lets hope that day 2 goes as well.

I went and fed the snake...that little sucker was hungry. Snatched the poor defrosted mouse from the tongs and yanked it to the ground. It flung several coils around it and wrestled with it for a moment or two. Then it seemed to notice me, raised it's head an looked around sheepishly before gliding quietly back under it's bark.

It came out a little later and demurely dragged the mouse to a more private location for it's meal.

7 comments:

elPadawan said...

I think the poor little snake wants its privacy for lunches :D

Beth said...

Perhaps you're going to teach the snake some "table" manners? (There is a family of snakes living by our dock - horrors!)
Good to hear the girls had a great day at camp - let it continue...

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I love a post that includes the words "Snatched the poor defrosted mouse from the tongs and yanked it to the ground". You just don't get that over at the Pioneer Woman. :)

mmichele said...

They do like their privacy...

(Just want you to know I'm not being snobby. Had a strange 'real life found blog' moment and thought i'd stop blogging for a week and think about what to do.)

oreneta said...

elPadawan, seems that way.....or he just doesn't like me.

Beth, camp seems to be continuing well...all happy again today, thank heavens.

Hula, just call me the urban woman...

Mmichele, Hmmm, you're kind of confusing me, is that why I suddenly cannot get into your blog? I hope it's nothing creepy.

mmichele said...

not super creepy. just odd. it'll be back in a week or so.

Anonymous said...

Glad camp went well. The snake thing sounds a little creepy.