Monday, July 7, 2008

More house sitting strangeness

I don't think people are going to want me as a house sitter in the future...first we had the guy in the house with the beer...remember him?

Well, he seems to have moved over to another friends house that we are looknig after. Except he brought his beaver buddy with him.

See my friends, the ones the girls are staying with, are up north...WAY north...and they got a phone call from their cleaning lady saying that there were signs that an animal had been in the house and had eaten away at one of the windows in the basement.

They asked me to go in and have a look while they were away...so, I did. I had to go in today anyway because it was the day to feed the snake....he ignored me again, I am NEVER going to see that animal eat it seems....anywhoooo, I went down in the basement with the lovely Catalan girl who is here (and just started her first day of class) and sure enough there were all sorts of wood chips everywhere, and greaet chunks taken out of the window. The screen is intact and there are no other signs of animals, no poop, nothing, just a faint musty smell in the room. There are a lot of wood chips though. If I could post the photo that I took with my cell (maybe I can, elPadawan is sure to tell me how) I would show you.

Weird.

No sign of how they got in or out, no evidence of their presence other than the torn up wood. Seems they have materialised for the sheer pleasure of munching away at a window frame.

Very strange...

I continue in my own little twilight zone here it seems.

5 comments:

elPadawan said...

weird and scary... well, as long as you have a USB key / card reader, I'm sure you can upload directly from either blogger or picasaweb, can't you? you'll have to show me your laptop next time :D

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Ghost beavers haunting the basement? Are you sure you're fully hydrated? :)

Miss Kim said...

I just watched a program about the racoons in Toronto- I betcha that's the problem!! They can chew through anything!

oreneta said...

elPadawan...I know I know...next time turns out there is photoshop on the computer, but I cannot upload to the program without authorisation....

Hula, yes indeed I am, welcome to my world.

Traveler one...I think a squirrel, though I agree, the racoons are astonishing.

Anonymous said...

Very strange. I hope it gets sorted out before the people come home.